Long Island Clothing opened in 2005, with one idea in mind; create awesome shirts for the populous from Coney Island to Montauk. Whether you're from the North Shore or the South, there is something here you will love.
All of our shirt designs are made by Long Islanders for Long Islanders... or those who wish they were. We are always working hard to come up with new and fun designs, so check out the Contact page if you have any ideas.
We do our best to keep our prices reasonable while still producing high-quality shirts. All of our shirts are either Fruit of the Loom or Bella cotton heavyweight shirts.
You know you're from Long Island when....
- You know exactly what they mean when they say "Don't change at Jamaica."
- Screw the SAT, you know the exact pronunciation of Islip, Wantagh, Commack, Mattituck, Shinnecock, Quogue, Ronkonkoma, Hauppauge, Mineola, Islandia, Massapequa, and Patchogue.
- You have never used "wicked" as an adjective.
- Flip-flops are normal, even in January.
- You and your friends are going to the beach, but the word beach never comes up in the conversation. Instead, it sounds something like this..."Well, we could go to Jones, but Robert Moses is closer, the North Shore is too rocky...whatever lets go to the Hamptons."
- You have no idea what jimmies are, or why someone would want to put them on their ice cream.
- You know that Americana Manhasset is NOT a type of coffee.
- You know that it's possible to take Jericho all the way to queens...but you would never EVER do it.
- The goddamn geese are everywhere!
- You live in the shadow of the greatest city in the world, but you almost never go there.
- When you're away from Long Island, you love it and when you're home, you don't.
- You think if you're not from Long Island or NYC, you're not really from New York.
- You know the exact point at which Queens turns into Nassau simply on intuition.
- You don't go to Manhattan; you go to "The City."
- You never realize you have an accent till you leave.
- Everything north of the Bronx is "upstate."
- At some point in your life you've gone clamming.
- Either your parents or your grandparents lived in the city.
- You'd pay $11.50 for a movie.
- You don't live in Long Island. You live ON Long Island.
- You know where the Commack Motor Inn is.
- Your distant future might involve the state of Florida.
- You know the location of 6 malls and a dozen McDonalds and 36 7-11's.
- You've tried to find the Amityville Horror house.
- No, you don't want mustard on that burger!!
- You can't understand why a diner would ever close.
- You've had a seagull poop on your car.
- You don't really see the big deal about the Hamptons.
- You want the Yankees to stay in the Bronx, but would probably go to more games if they moved to Manhattan.
- You think that somehow, the Jets and Giants still play in New York.
- You've missed that "Drunk Train," the 2:42 out of Penn, and had the dreaded wait until 5:30.
- You or someone you know has owned an animal that came from North Shore Animal League.
- You've never taken an MTA bus.
- The Long Island Expressway isn't really as bad as everybody thinks.
- You don't associate Fire Island with gay men.
- You know which parts of the Godfather were filmed on Long Island.
- You miss whiffle ball and running through sprinklers.
- Billy Joel said it best, "either you date a rich girl from the North Shore, or a cool girl from the South Shore."
- You have or someone you know has fallen asleep on the LIRR and ended up in one of these three places; Babylon, Port Washington or Hicksville.
- You know that there is a big difference between any of the other hamptons, and hampton bays.
- The Belt Parkway sucks!
- You've been stuck in a traffic jam for more than 2 hours (without moving).
- Your parents took you to All American, Nathans or Carvel (on the way home from the beach).
- You don't have to go far to see your family.
- You remember Grumman.
- You know the color of the water at Jones Beach is not BLUE!
- You were upset when all the Roy Rogers turned into Wendy's and Arby's closed for good.
- You can spout off all the LIRR stops between Penn Station and Ronkonkoma.
- Paying $35 for a haircut doesn't sound so crazy.
- You think the people from Brooklyn are "da wunz dat tawk wit a accent."
- You went sledding in the sumps.
- You knew of Massapequa before the Amy Fisher-Joey Buttafuoco nightmare.
- You think going to Queens is a hike.
- The first time you heard the term "Long Island Iced Tea" you were somewhere else and you laughed.
- When you live somewhere else and are astounded to see that people actually stop at yellow lights.
- Its rare to get really bad bagels or pizza on long island, almost as rare as it is to get good bagels and pizza anywhere else.
- You can name at least three bands that came from Long Island.
- You know what Pilgrim State and Sweet Hallow Road are...and you are NEVER going again.
- You are never more then 20 minutes away from the water.
- You have been to at least one concert at jones beach.
- When you hear "the end", you think Montauk. Orient Point never crosses your mind.
- Doing 90 over the Robert Moses bridge or on Ocean Parkway is perfectly fine.
- When you say that you are going to "the outlets", Tanger is implied.
- You have a friends who swears they saw Billy Joel somewhere in Oyster Bay.
- When people ask "where are you from?" you answer Long Island and automatically assume everyone in the world knows that answer means New York.
- You've seen the commercials, and you've craved their shakes, but you know damn well there are no DQ's or Sonics on Long Island.
- You remember all the good times had at Nunleys, and the emotional distress it caused when it was closed down.
- You watched a game show and wondered, "why are these people so happy that they won a trip to New York?"
- You're still waiting for a bridge to Connecticut.
© 2018 LongIslandClothing.com